Sunday, July 25, 2010

Post Tropical Storm Bonnie

For some reason I really got a kick out of this the other day. It's really hard to "sell" summer trips because everyone is concerned about it being Hurricane Season. Case & Point with Tropical Storm Bonnie coming through the other day. But in all reality, we seem to be in a nice little location and rarely get hit head on. I hate saying that because it's something totally out of our control, and the Lord only knows when and where. But the day after the tropical storm passed over us (which was just a few scattered thunderstorms throughout the day) our beach looked like this:
Any signs of a tropical storm lingering??? 
I just love these big fluffy clouds, sorry I don't know their official name :) Anyone up for a physical science lesson for me? 
Also, just so you know... the best, and really ONLY way to eat a Mango is while floating in the ocean. We were blessed with 7 HUGE mangoes given to us from our neighbors the other day. These things sell for $4/pop in the food store. HE continues to provide :) 

Our summer is very slow right now, so I'm taking this time to get help from Dallas (he's watching the boys a lot during the day) and I'm rebuilding the website. I'm very excited with the way it's shaping up so far. I hope to have it ready to launch before the Staniel Cay Kayak trip on August 7th. Maybe sooner, but we'll see :) 

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Beautiful! Wish the storms we have in Bama would wash up some cute boys on my lawn!!!