Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Staniel Cay Kayak

Dallas took off on Sunday with Eric & Peter for our Staniel Cay Kayak trip. It always seems like when Dallas is out camping that's when all the thunderstorms decide to roll through here at the house. Of course when I ask him if they've been drowning in rain all day his response is usually "no, it's been all around us, but we've stayed dry." I think it's just the Lord's way of reminding me to keep my man and our guests covered in prayers while they are out there, because I drop what I'm doing and start praying like crazy when a bad rain shower is coming through. 

We decided to reverse the route in comparison to what they did last month. So they flew from Nassau to Georgetown, Great Exuma and started their paddle in the settlement called Barretarre. From there they kayaked up to Normans Pond Cay for their first night. They packed up camp and headed up to Lignumvitae Cay yesterday, and today they stopped off at the German Castle on Big Darby Cay on their way up further north to stop on Big Farmer's Cay tonight. I haven't had my evening call yet to find out how the rest of the day has played out, but while they were at the castle Dallas called and said the weather was absolutely perfect for paddling. A light breeze pushing them and really calm seas. Can't ask for more than that. 


Hopefully the guys have been enjoying the food and desserts! That was part of my contribution for the trip again. I get them down here (through emails and phone calls) and Dallas takes over from here :) I'll post more later in the week to see how the rest of their trip plays out. Maybe I'll have an exciting story or two to share!


No comments: