Monday, February 27, 2012

A little island that has stolen my heart!

 I (Tamara) am over in the US right now enjoying the arrival of my sister's precious little boy, Xander! He was born last week and it has been amazing being here with my family during this special time. Dallas was a trooper and stayed in Exuma to run the show and allow me the chance to get away with my boys for a few weeks. As I'm sitting here in a little coffee shop while my mom gets some much needed play time with my two little fellas, sipping on a yummy coffee, thoroughly enjoying the lightining fast internet and trying to get some work done, I'm amazed at how distant our lifestyle in Exuma feels to me. Do I really live less than a minute from one of the most beautiful beaches? Do we really get to take people kayaking, sailing and fishing for a living? Do I really get to play with my boys almost all day everyday? Do I get to work side-by-side with  my best friend in the whole world (and husband)? WHY YES... I DO!!!!
 I am so thankful and blessed with the life the Lord has entrusted us with. Sure, we have our tough times, we make LOTS of mistakes and we are still figuring lots of things out. And yes, of course it is very painful and heartbreaking to live so far away from our families at times like these when I just want to squeeze on this newborn baby until he gets so sick of his Auntie :) But all in all... I LOVE MY LIFE! I love our little island, and I miss it dearly when I am away. I am enjoying the great comforts of the good ole U.S. of A. while I'm here though.
If you've never been to Exuma, or are trying to think of somewhere to visit and explore...give us a shot! I don't think you'll regret it :)

No comments: